Sonicare for Kids!
posted: Oct 03, 2012.
A good oral health program is the key to your childs future oral health.
- Establish healthy brushing habits even when you are brushing for them.
- Explain to them the importance of brushing twice a day.
- Make sure they know that the longer you brush, the better it is for their teeth and gums.
- Explain if they dont brush, plaque and germs will stick to their teeth and make them unhealthy.
- Ask us about fluoride if your water supply is not fluoridated, or if your family uses purified water.
Inspire them to brush by making it fun and not a chore!
- Find things to make it fun for them: play some music, have them brush their teeth first and praise them while they brush.
- Make a chcklist or colorful sticker calander for your child to track their tooth-brushing habits.
As children begin to brush independently, make sure they brush effectively.
- When it is time to transition your child to brushing their own, its more important to supervise the results.
- Stay with them to watch how they hold on to the brush, and make sure they are brushing all those hard-to-reach areas.
- Remember that younger children do not have the manual dexterity required to brush teeth effectively- so they still need you to take a look when they are through.